Tales Of The Street Fighter Blister

Monday, February 16, 2009 / Posted by Charlie /



My left thumb really hurts. I'm in an agony. And it's all because of one video game. Street Fighter II has always been my favourite game, and its been so pretty much since the first time I played it in the arcade around seventeen years ago. It continued to be so with the three different SNES versions (Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II Turbo, and Super Street Fighter II), and onto Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2 and 3 and even Street Fighter EX+ on the PS1, which was not great by any stretch of the imagination. However, my love has been rekindled, not just with Street Fighter IV coming out next week, but also the mouthful that is Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

This is basically the original SSFIIT with redrawn graphics, a remixed soundtrack and some tweaking to the gameplay, mainly to balance out the characters. This is not necessarily a good thing, as one way of balancing characters out is giving them a fireball, which I might add, Chun Li does not need. She was good enough already. Bison is a killer on expert, but I managed to bet him with Ryu (my second usual choice), and I'm a little disappointed I didn't get an achievement for it. The worst thing about the game is that it's on the 360 (it's not available in the PS3's UK store), so I have to put up with the 360's D-Pad, which is fucking awful and has given me this blister. If and when I get SFIV (not a certainty as much as I'd like it to be) I'm getting it for the PS3, which has a much more suitable D-Pad.

My wife has just beaten the game for the first time as well, so she's hooked. Here comes a new challenger!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment